August 24, 2011 by Stacy McDonald

Awesome Homemade Peppermint Patties

My daughter, Jessica, found this great recipe for peppermint patties at Elana’s Pantry. We tweaked it a bit and came up with a wonderful, healthy version that incorporates therapeutic grade Peppermint essential oils and organic, raw coconut oil! You can pamper yourself and your family, as well as your guests, by making these healthy candies ahead and serving them on elegant dishes. Enjoy!

½ cup Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (I recommend Nutiva brand at the link below)
¼ cup agave nectar
5-7 drops of Young Living therapeutic grade Peppermint Essential Oil (CLICK HERE to order)
½ to 1 cup dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (or dark chocolate melting chips)

In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, agave, and peppermint oil, mixing with a spoon. Smash clumps of coconut oil against side of bowl until mixture is smooth. Freeze mixture for a few minutes until it starts to harden, then remove from freezer. Use a small spoon to measure out little balls onto a parchment paper lined plate. Lightly squoosh balls into flat patties. Place plate in freezer until firm. Using a spoon, dip patties into melted chocolate. Place patties on parchment paper to harden (takes about 10 minutes). On a hot day, you may want to place in the refrigerator.

Makes about 12 patties

8 Responses to “Awesome Homemade Peppermint Patties”

1. Beth says:

http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/search?q=peppermint+patties Here’s another wonderful one! Her blog is just fabulous anyways…..and very healthy. Lots of Gluten free recipes too…..check her out……I can’t say enough about her books either!

2. Renee says:

Never had been a fan of peppermint and chocolate together, maybe I just haven’t try a good recipe yet hehe!

3. Gabe says:

Mmmm….healthy peppermint patties? I’ll have to give these a try! Thanks!

4. Robin says:

Aren’t these just wonderful!! We found this recipe early last spring and have made them several times since. We use coconut sugar instead of agave and it makes them just about perfect.

Ours usually don’t look as neat as they do in the picture, but that’s okay. :)

5. Amy says:

Peppermint Patties are one of my favorite treats and this healthy upgrade looks wonderful. I’ll have to try it!

6. Ali Holmes says:

Thanks for posting this recipe! I’ll be sure and try it out soon! :D

~Ali H.

7. Kim W says:

Wow-wee-wow-wow-wow! This looks like a must-do for our house! Thanks for the recipe.

Blessings from Ohio…Kim<

8. Starlie says:

Looks good, I forwarded this to Mom so we can try it out! :)

~Starlie