September 8, 2010 by Stacy McDonald

Three Cheers for Romeo!

Three cheers for Romeo!!!! (And Grandma!)

” Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.” (1 Peter 3:7)

7 Responses to “Three Cheers for Romeo!”

1. Ginger says:

Cute! I love the “I was skinny & you had hair”! Too funny!
    Only thing is: if Grandma can’t babysit, just have a date in the den. We have home dates all the time. We tell the kids they can read for half an hour before bedtime or watch a movie upstairs while we have a date downstairs.
    It’s a season when kids are little or you just have too many for anyone to want to babysit. Too soon, one of the babies will be babysitting the rest and dates out will be much easier.

2. Sara says:

Oh, my Romeo did this for me this past Friday!!!! We, too, have lots of home dates ~ oh but sometimes it is nice to get out of the house just the two of us!! He arranged for my mom to watch all of the children for ALL DAY!!!!!! It was a total surprise and MUCH needed!! It did take me a few hours before my mind switched over from housewife to princess mode, but oh how wonderful it was!!!!!! We just walked around, ate at a hole in the wall restaurant, walked around, laughed, talked, ahhhh!

I agree Ginger. There was a time when I didn’t trust hardly anyone with my kids, so it made it difficult to “go away” with my husband! Now I have older children that can help with little ones.

But, back then, we just learned to get creative with our alone time. I set up a corner of our bedroom with a little love seat and coffee table and our bedroom (specifically during certain times) was off limits to little ones. It was our romantic get-away! ;-)

I certainly had/have no desire to “go out dancing” like the girl in the video, but I could relate to wanting alone time with my honey – alone time that included the beauty of peaceful quiet and candlelight. ;-)

4. Stacie says:

So true! I’ve seen this before, but loved watching it again.

5. Matthew Thomas says:

Wow, Something from Anita Renfroe I actually liked. & I didn’t just like it, I thought it was pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing it!

6. mariah says:

I LOVE this video link. I had it on my blog a couple months ago!!! Isn’t it the greatest? Totally made me cry!! lol…and cool idea about date nights in the den…I don’t have a den, but the livingroom should suffice. :D Blessings!

7. Tammi says:

So funny and sad all at once I had tears in my eyes! Could not figure out if those were happy tears or sad ones!! But I ended up laughing! So I guess they were happy ones!