April 5, 2010 by Stacy McDonald

Girl Scouts Distribute Planned Parenthood Sex Guide at UN Meeting

WARNING: NOT FOR CHILDREN (even though it was apparently made available to them) – CONTAINS GRAPHIC VERBIAGE

“A witness who attended the 54th session of United Nations’ Commission on the Status of Women has unleashed a firestorm of controversy after reporting copies of Planned Parenthood’s teen-sex promoting guide, “Healthy, Happy and Hot,” were provided for Girl Scouts in attendance.” – Drew Zahn (World New Daily)

Accusations fly over U.N. meeting, Planned Parenthood ‘hot’ girl handout

Girl Scouts Distribute Planned Parenthood Sex Guide at UN Meeting

Tasty Cookies May Carry Moral Choice

American Principles Project

The Girl Scouts deny having passed out the brochures. CLICK HERE to read their amazing denial.

The Planned Parenthood brochure contains quotes such as:

“Many people think sex is just about vaginal or anal intercourse… But, there are lots of different ways to have sex and lots of different types of sex. There is no right or wrong way to have sex. Just have fun, explore and be yourself!”

“Improve your sex life by getting to know your own body. Play with yourself! Masturbation is a great way to find out more about your body and what you find sexually stimulating. Mix things up by using different kinds of touch from very soft to hard. Talk about or act out your fantasies. Talk dirty to them.”

The brochure also tells students that national laws requiring HIV-positive people to reveal their status to their partner(s) “violate the rights of people living with HIV” and calls for advocacy to “change laws that violate your rights.” It explains, “There are many reasons that people do not share their HIV status. … They may worry that people will find out something else they have kept secret, like they are using injecting drugs, having sex outside of a marriage or having sex with people of the same gender.”

The sex guide goes on to tell girls, “Some people have sex when they have been drinking alcohol or using drugs. This is your choice.”

And check this out:

The New York Times recently reported that UN Population Fund had co-sponsored a very controversial curriculum with UNESCO, that included teaching children as young as five to be sexually active and training adolescents to advocate for abortion.

20 Responses to “Girl Scouts Distribute Planned Parenthood Sex Guide at UN Meeting”

1. annie says:

Well, I am a bit confused. It doesn't look like the Girl Scouts were affiliated with this at all. It seems that it may have been distributed to Girl Scouts. I hardly think the Girl Scouts are to blame for this (and since the sources are biased, I'd be interested to see this elsewhere).

I don't disagree with all of the information, but much of it is too much for teenagers. The HIV information is really just a head scratcher! I'm not even sure why it's there. But I'd be interested in hearing more.

2. annie says:

Also, I would like to see the brochure. There is honestly no way most of that would ever be there. I wouldn't put any store by this without seeing it reproduced. We're only relying on one woman's word. I think this warrants more investigation.

3. Marisa A says:

Dear Stacy,
    I am a former white washed feminist and let me tell you that the amazing witness of you and your family has fully converted me. I now want nothing more than to work hard for my family and God. I really want to join a family reformation church. Is there a database that can tell me where to find one in my area? I live in the Inland Empire aka, Riverside, CA. Please help!

Annie, here is a link to the brochure on the ippf website:

Hi Marisa,

Thanks for writing. Please contact me by email. Just click on my profile pic and it will take you to a page with my email address.

Annie,

Yes, you are right; the GS didn't publish the brochure. It was published by PP. But it was made available to the GS at the meeting. That is the point.

7. Mrs. Lady Sofia says:

"Healthy, Happy, and Hot?" Yikes!

It seems that young people are continuing to get the wrong messages about the purposes and real meaning of sex. Unfortunately, this is only a small sampling about the pathetic state of society in our present times.

~Mrs. Lady Sofia~

8. Ginger says:

If they believed in it enough to make it available to all the girl scouts, why don't they own up to the fact that they did just that? Perhaps PP still has some semblance of a conscience.
    What do you think, Stacy, of the Christian Girl Scout groups? I know our Christian homeschool assoc has a Girl Scout group. Would love to hear your opinion on Christians participating in groups like these.

9. Persuaded says:

Stacy, my mouth literally dropped open when I saw the title of that pamphlet… I didn't really need to go any further to be shocked and horrified.

And as a former Girl Scout leader (I led Daisy Scouts and Brownies while my two oldest girls were of that age,) I can personally attest to the very strong and disturbing feminist slant that this organization has taken on. It's so sad to say, but as a conservative Christian, I don't think Girl Scouts is an appropriate organization for people of faith. My goodness, how times have changed from the days when each meeting was begun with prayer!

10. Melissa says:

Girs Scouts has been a financial supporter of planned parenthood for years. To be honest this doesn't shock me at all. I've seen planned parenthood's website directed toward teens. It is sick. It breaks my heart each year to see precious little girls selling cookies, knowing that money goes to help support abortion and debauchery. I am sure there are many families that upon learning the truth, would pull their daughters out of girl scouts immediately.

11. Dusty says:

wow. Just wow.

12. Linda says:

It boggled my mind to read the subtitle: "A young person's guide to their rights, sexuality…and living with HIV". Did I read that right?

It seems PP can't put two and two together. Do they not realize how absurd it is to write up a brochure on sexuality with tips on living with HIV included in there? They don't see what's wrong with that picture?

What?

13. sarah says:

DISGUSTING!

14. Lindsey says:

What can I say? I am horrified, ashamed, disgusted, and frustrated… :-(

15. beachezndreamz says:

I'm just curious if anyone actually read the brochure? It's not geared towards young girls it's geared towards young people who are living with HIV.

To me it reads very mature but I'm guessing if you were born with HIV or have contracted it you're forced to mature in some way….

16. beachezndreamz says:

This really looks like a brochure for young people living with HIV, not a how to have sex brochure, did anyone read it?

17. BassoonJedi says:

After reading the brochure I am concerned that you've misrepresented it, and this lends credence to the claims of those whose (apparently) main goal in life is to discredit you. (Get a life, people.)

I think it's GREAT that you posted on these topics and I am shocked at what IPPF wants to make "rights" for children. I am opposed to IPPF's goals. I still don't like that they talk about getting "safe" abortions. I am glad you informed us. It is just very apparent that this guide is for teenagers and young adults who already have HIV.

Hey Jedi,

Thank you for your concern (really!). I'll go back over the post to see if perhaps I was reacting emotionally when I posted, and, in the process, exaggerated anything.

However, I will say that I do realize the brochure is subtitled "A Young Person's Guide to their Rights, Sexuality, and Living with HIV." I certainly didn't think it was written for the Girl Scouts.

The issue isn't about whether or not the published material was written specifically for Girl Scouts or even for girls their age; the issue is that it was made available to them on the information table. I realize the Girl Scouts have denied providing the material (I even gave a link to their denial), but the fact is, the material was provided at the meeting.

And with the GS's history of IPPF affiliations, combined with the fact that GS is a feminist run organization (one of our readers works for the Girls Scouts – but that's another story), and the material was there AFTER all the non-scout adults were asked to leave the room, I can't see how it isn't a huge concern.

Also, have you seen this?

"A set of proposed international sex education guidelines aimed at reducing H.I.V. infections among young people has provoked criticism from conservative groups that say the program would be too explicit for young children…"

"A draft issued in June has been attacked by conservative and religious groups, mainly in the United States, for recommending discussions of homosexuality, describing sexual abstinence as “only one of a range of choices available to young people” to prevent disease and unwanted pregnancy, and suggesting a discussion of masturbation with children as young as 5."

The Enemy wants the hearts of our children, and at a tender age. We know that groups like IPPF, and others, want our children to be indoctrinated into their way of thinking. In the "Review of Sex, Relationships, and HIV Education in Schools," which was prepared for UNESCO’s Global Advisory Group in Dec. 2007, the writer notes:

"There are an estimated 2.3 million children (below the age of 15) living with HIV worldwide… For an HIV-positive young person who has never benefited from education programmes about sex, relationships and HIV, these kinds of programmes – which assume all students are HIV-negative – will not suffice. Furthermore, the implicit and pervasive assumption that all students are HIV-negative can render invisible those who are living with HIV or AIDS. It may also inadvertently increase stigma through the creation of an ‘us’ and ‘them’ mentality."

I realize there is a bit of guilt by association here, but if these people want to assume that children under 15 (how old is a Girl Scout?) should be exposed to sex education with an automatic assumption that many of them are HIV positive, then it makes sense that someone thought it was appropriate to have this brochure at this meeting. No, it's not proof. But it makes sense. And the fact is, the brochure was there, and nobody claims to know where it came from.

19. wyethfan says:

I believe in abstinance outside of marriage (as defined in the Word of God). I have tons of issues with this brochure–yes I read it–but just for a moment, I want to set aside my convictions and just argue this point on the basis of logic from an ethical and legal standpoint.
    I quote from the brochure:

"Some countries have laws that say people living with HIV must tell their sexual partner(s) about their status before having
    sex, even if they use condoms or only engage in sexual activity with a low risk of giving HIV to someone else. These laws
    violate the rights of people living with HIV by forcing them to disclose or face the possibility of criminal charges."

Legally–how can an organization funded with federal tax dollars encourage young people to break the law and get by with it. This is legally reprehensible.

Ethically–I know that there are children out there who will engage in sex outside of marriage and there may even be those reading this who advocate it, but how in the world could anyone think that telling a person with HIV they have the right to risk the health of someone else is okay. Remember the brochure didn't say no-risk it said LOW RISK which involves RISK.
    What about the rights of the unsuspecting partner?!
    This brochure is ethically reprehensible.

This is the reason abstenance from a practical point of view is the only "safe sex".

20. Stam House says:

wow this is another great post thanks for sharing this information with us!

I find this so sad, trying to brainwash our little girls, so sad!!!