January 8, 2010 by Stacy McDonald

Josh Harris gets a little too close…

10 Responses to “Josh Harris gets a little too close…”

1. Lanita says:

Thank you for this video. It is excellent. I put it on my blog and linked to your blog. I appreciate what you have to share on your blog.

2. Mia says:

Thanks for posting the video!
    I'd love for you to stop by my blog!! :)

Mia

3. dora says:

That really was an illustrated sermon!

Speaks for itself.

4. Step says:

That was wonderful. A great illustration and reminder to us all.

5. Persuaded says:

Oh Stacey, I loved this, just loved it! His delivery was priceless- how many times have I heard folks use those exact same arguments in earnest. I love how he made his point so effectively and yet so winsomely. I am going to share this video with everyone I know!

6. a humble servant says:

Great point.
    I am reading a book right now called RESPECTABLE SINS by Jerry Bridges.
    I think when people see/hear a video/message like this the immediately think of the big sins like "Murder, Adultery, Stealing, etc."
    But I truthfully think his illustration is even more applicable for the 'little (respectable) sins' like gossip, anger, idolatry (in the heart), ungodliness, etc.
    I wish he might have stated some of THOSE types of sin for his congregation and us to ponder.
    Smile.
    But overall an illustration worth showing my children.
    Thank you!
    Blessings on the narrow path,
    Mrs. RBC

7. Leanne says:

How about this one?

"You have no right to speak on this sin to me! You've never read/heard/seen this book/show/song, so you can't speak with authority on it. You need to read/hear/see this before you talk against it"….

"It's not hurting anyone."

"The Bible doesn't directly speak against it, so why not?"

These arguments are sinking sand.

I appreciate his way of speaking with authority, straight out of the Bible.

Thanks for sharing.

8. Marmee's Pantry says:

Great message, great illustration. Reminds me SO MUCH of 'the old days' in the early '80's when his dad, Gregg, was our pastor (in Dayton, Ohio) & he led the best Young Adult's group (The Event) I've even seen at Wright State University. Doesn't surprise me that Josh would be as great of a teacher/preacher as Gregg, Josh was often w/Gregg at The Event. Not only did Gregg & Sono introduce homeschooling to me – w/Josh being the 1st hs-ed kid I'd ever met – but they also led me to the Lord, Sono discipled me & they introduced me to my wonderful husband!

Our family is so excited about how the Lord has worked in Josh's life (& the rest of the family), I just wish he lived close enough to us to be OUR pastor! :-)

Blessings from Ohio…Kim W<><

9. Saint Shellie says:

This was great!! Thanks for posting it. I, too, am reading RESPECTABLE SINS by Jerry Bridges, and this really is what it's all about. I had to add a post on my blog to share my thoughts about it. http://createdtobringhimglory.blogspot.com/

Thanks!!

10. Modestkini says:

I just came across this blog and found it very interesting indeed.Thanks for sharing.