January 7, 2009 by Stacy McDonald

Ex-Monks and Flip-Flop Heroes

“Help, call the police! Oh yeah, I am the police…”

This video is either proof that women shouldn’t be police officers or it’s proof that only women from Texas who have the ability to “kick off their flip flops” should!

Seriously though, notice the interview with her Police Chief. He says she’s “a real smart person…a real caring person.” But being smart and caring didn’t seem to help her here. Praise God for His perfect timing!

15 Responses to “Ex-Monks and Flip-Flop Heroes”

1. Webfoot says:

This is a great video! Thank you for sharing it, Stacy.

Of course you have one of the most beautiful blogs on the internet. I always enjoy your postings.

There was an incident here in our county where a police officer accidently pulled out the real gun instead of the stun gun and shot a man in the leg with a real bullet. The man’s crime? He had climbed up in a tree and refused to come down.

The neighbors were afraid that he would hurt himself, so they called the police.

In the newspaper article about the incident, all it said was “the officer” and terms like that. They didn’t use gendered pronouns. When they reported that the officer had broken down crying after “they” shot the man, I knew it was a police woman!

Of course the guy came down out of the tree, then, so there you go. It worked!

I don’t know, but in general, I’d rather have policeMEN come to my rescue unless they are policewomen wearing flip flops, having 4 kids in the car, in a bad mood, and living in Texas! There are always exceptions to a rule, I guess.

God bless, and keep up the good work,

Mrs. Webfoot
    a.k.a. Donna Carlaw

2. greasy joan says:

Stacy, Of course I think men are better suited to be cops and heroes of the physical variety…. yet I can’t help clapping for Alicia, who hog-tied the criminal and saved the day.

Kind of reminds me of the biblical Deborah. When the men were too wimpy the women did what they had to do.

Love,
    Anne in AL

3. Anonymous says:

I hope this isn’t meant to be a slur against female police officers.

Jennifer

4. Anonymous says:

Bah, never mind me. I’m a touch too sensitive lately.. :)

Jennifer

5. Heather says:

Steve and I laughed until we cried over the flip-flop, bad mood gal!

Thanks for sharing this.

Love, Heather

6. Mama Hen says:

Okay, I am laughing at loud, not at the poor woman almost getting killed of course, but at the momma who had to take four kids to the grocery store and she was already in a bad mood anyway! Oh, my goodness, you have made my morning!

7. Cindy says:

I enjoy and am exhorted by your blog. But, I am on dial-up with a limited amount of hours. Your blog is taking soooo long to upload. Is there something I can do or you could do to help? I know blogger has some tips to help load quicker.

Thanks for your time

8. American Maiden says:

Praise God for His amazing providence!

Hi Cindy,

I’m “technically” challenged. I wish I could help you.

10. Elizabeth says:

Interesting video, am I the only lady that paid attention to the part where the police chief explained how the officer was intentionally pushing back on the slide of her gun? By doing this she knew the weapon would not fire, to me this proves that she is trained and competent.

Also noting the difference between her size and the offender's, it amazes me how long she was able to retain a hold on her gun. Again, an indication of training and competence.

Yes, indeed thank God for the help He provided to this officer in the form of good citizens. I think they all did well by helping get a bad guy and threat to the public off the streets of Linden, TX.

My husband taught me long ago that if a bad guy encounters a couple together he will immediately try and disable the man because he poses the greatest threat. So in his protection, he taught me to defend myself.

My question to you ladies is, if God-Forbid you are ever in a life threatening circumstance and your husband or father has been disabled or is not around, can you protect yourself & your children, or even help a police office if they need it? Just something to think about.

Kim P.

I totally agree, Elizabeth. that woman was awesomely trained, and both were a God-send.

It is vital for women to have self-defense. My father revealed to me years ago that there’s a gun in our house, but won’t tell me where yet. He’d prefer that I learn how to shoot first, and I agree; I’ll need some target-shooting practice pretty soon.

12. Miss Amy Smarty says:

We women from Texas aren’t wimpy.

13. Julie says:

I have to admit that the flip flop gal had me laughing.

14. Ginger says:

I must say they don’t make us Texans look very good! Everyone in Texas apparently has a speech impediment and wears flip-flops.
    And I wholeheartedly believe women weren’t made to be police officers.

Praise be to God, for the female officer who took down the Islamic traitor shooting his brothers in arms on the Army base yesterday. She put her life on the line and it looks like she will pull through.