October 13, 2008 by Stacy McDonald

For those who are hurting…

“He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn, to console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”” (Isaiah 61:1-3, NKJV)

Click Here

6 Responses to “For those who are hurting…”

1. Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks says:

How appropriate at such a time as this, when many people are fearful for what is ahead.

2. Destination Mom says:

Can I just say, that I believe that Christ put this in my email box today. There are many reasons why I feel this way.

First of all, I a currently doing a woman’s bible study on Isaiah, in which the verses you quoted above are key verses in the study.

Secondly, through this bible study I have had to face a lot of things head on that have been keeping me in bondage for the past 36 years. Questions and hatred I have carried for these many years have resurfaced through this study, and I am not at all sure how to deal with the emotional rollercoaster I am currently on dealing with these things front and center.

Last week I revealed to my small group at bible study a few things that happened to me as a child, and how it made me feel. I could hardly remain the rest of the night without tearing up. Daily since then, it has been a struggle to continue my study of Isaiah. This morning I struggled with my lesson, and finally had to put it down only after I was half way through. I will have to return to it later.

A lady from church has called me this morning that is a member of this bible study inviting me to attend an overcomer’s meeting this evening. She said the Lord had laid it heavily on her heart to call me. I really don’t want to go. I have never been addicted to drugs or alcohol, I don’t do illegal things, and probably the only thing I am guilty of is being over-protective of my children, which with my background, would give clues to why I am this way. The thing is I haven’t been able to homeschool my kids this morning because I have been so distraught. I am wondering why this is happening to me. Why I am feeling so much hatred for my family right now. Things I should be able to fix through God’s guidance. I really don’t want to get involved with an addictions group, because I don’t feel I have an addiction. It’s really bothering me.

Anyway, thanks for you blog entry this morning. It has helped me see the bigger picture.

Amy B.

3. The Editrix says:

What a beautiful verse – thanks so much for sharing it with us, Stacy. Thanks also for the link to your husband’s post – the video was very poignant and moving.

4. Melinda says:

Thank you Stacy, you can’t imagine how timely this is as I just had a miscarriage. I am having a hard time with this even though I know that all things work according to His Will and good purpose. Thank you again and God bless!

5. Steve's Girl says:

I read this verse just tonight. It is just precious.

6. Civilla says:

Good post. It seems like an unusual number of Christians are undergoing trials right now, and there is nothing we can do to help each other, but PRAY! I think that through this time, God is reminding us to pray for one another.