July 7, 2008 by Stacy McDonald

Every Life is Precious

There are those in our country who would have us believe that only certain lives are precious. Only healthy babies whose mothers make the “choice” to have them should be born. Some believe that babies who don’t meet the “quality of life” standards set in place by others should be eliminated.

Click Here to learn about Eliot and the miraculous 99 days he spent with his loving family. How I pray all babies were as loved and valued by their parents – and by society.

“I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.” (Psalm 139:14, NKJV)

7 Responses to “Every Life is Precious”

1. Tully Family says:

Thank you for sharing this- it made me weep. Praise God for this family faithfulness! I’ll hold my little ones a little tighter tonight.

2. Mrs. Rabe says:

Thank you for that link. What a beautiful family – I praise God for their maturity and for their faith.

God be praised for His Grace.

Deanna

3. Brandy Lynn says:

I commented on your husband James’ blog about this. Thank you for linking to it on your blog. I also wept tears of joy and hope when I watched this. What a blessing for Eliot’s parents to share his brief life with so many!

4. gloria says:

What a beautiful testimony of God’s grace. Eliot was blesse to have such wonderful & faith filled parents!

Blessings,
    gloria

5. madgebaby says:

This is a lovely story.

It reminds me that there are nearly 500 kids in foster care in my county alone. I live in a pretty small county. A true pro-life ethic would indicate that none of those kids languish in foster care any longer than absolutely necessary, and that there are families lined up to be candidates for permanent families for these kids.

Nearly every car in my town has a “pro-life” bumper sticker on it, and these kids still wait. It is very sad to me.

6. MIranda says:

I love the 99 balloons!!! Amazing!

7. The Shindels says:

What a sweet, precious boy. Hard to imagine the parents’ loss and victory all wrapped up in one. Our first-born son is 109 days today and I will cherish him every day the Lord allows him to spend with us. Thank you for the reminder of how precious every life is.