June 2, 2008 by Stacy McDonald

Titus 2 Blessings…

Titus 2 ministry can strengthen Christian families and the Church as a whole. Older women, when your children are grown, your ministry to the family isn’t over—now it really begins! You are now more equipped than ever to share what you’ve learned, to help young families flourish. Young women need you! It’s not “time to retire.” You can have a hand in building future generations of godly Christian families! And instead of God’s name being reviled or slandered among the heathen (Titus 2:5), God’s name can be glorified!

14 Responses to “Titus 2 Blessings…”

1. Lynn says:

This is so true. I really wish more woman realized this. There have been times when I really longed for an older woman to help guide and teach me. So many, even in churches today feel like their job is over when their children are out of the home. Please older woman look around and see that there are younger woman and mothers who need some help and guidance. Especially those that have not come from Christian homes and backgrounds.

2. Anonymous says:

I would like to have a few tips on how to be a Titus 2 women. We have 7 children and we are a homeschool family. For years we had only one other family in our church who homeschooled. Recently four other young married families started homeschooling, and I feel like they are looking to us for some answers. I don’t want to come across like we did it all right,and so I often just give them very vauge answers.

3. Mrs. Rabe says:

I agree Stacy!

I had a Titus 2 mentor in my late teens and early twenties! It changed my life. After I married, we moved away from my dear friend and I didn’t have a mentor any more.

Thankfully the Lord brought me many wonderful books that encouraged me!

Now as I am getting older, I find it a joy to come alongside younger women and encourage them in true Titus 2 fashion, “to love their husbands (respect), to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God may not be blasphemed.”

4. Mrs. Pear says:

We live 2000 miles away from our families, and even though I can run our home, I would love to know an older woman who could offer encouragement! Who could help me do a better job at everything.

Also, we are a first generation homeschooling family, so we are just kind of figuring it out, so it would be great to have someone who has been there before to offer help and support, and encourage us that we are doing the right thing!

A mentor and encourager would be wonderful!

And I pray that the Lord reminds me of this strong desire that I had when I am in the position of offering it to another woman!

5. Lori... says:

It was one of these ‘older women’ who became my mother in Christ. And a common misconception is our phyical age, sometimes women of youth are far ‘older’ spiritually and can sew seeds too. Just because of youth, don’t be disouraged. My 10yo daughter led an elderly lady, in a local nursing home, to Christ just days before she died. He doesn’t call the equipped, He equips the called!
    Thanks for the reminder Stacy!

6. Anonymous says:

Dear Stacy,

There is an older woman in our church, Mrs Gardner. She is a sweet saint who is always available to answer questions and give me Biblical advice. All of the older ladies are very good about taking time to mentor. They usually start with, “This is what worked for me.”

Now at 44, I am starting to have young newly weds ask advice from me. I know that I need to remain in the Word and constantly praying. I am presently reading your book “Passionate Housewives.” What a God send it has been. I usually have time to read a couple of pages at a time while I am watching a pot, or after the children go to bed. Yesterday, I read your suggestion on having time with God in “dribbles or drips” throughout the day. How true this is, Stacy.

Anyone reading this, PLEASE read Stacy’s book. You will be renewed and refreshed in your Spirit!!! Thank you Stacy!

With love and blessings,
    Ruth, PA

7. Lauren says:

Oh, I’ve longed so much for a mentor as well…everyone just seems to be too busy these days!

8. Lisa says:

I am a firm believer in the Titus 2 mandate. I think everybody needs a mentor to help answer questions like how long to cook a turkey or about gardening etc. As a matter of fact, I actually stopped an older lady in Walmart and asked her about planting flowers in a hanging basket. I know it’s sounds funny, but I really haven’t had an interest in gardening until recently.

When I first became a christian, Elizabeth Elliot was still on the radio and everyday she mentored me for afar.

9. gloria says:

What a wonderful post and so true! I have a few dear older sister/friends who have mentored me in my walk with the Lord and they are such a treasure and blessing!

Gloria

10. Kathy says:

I am continually encouraged by the Titus 2 scripture. In a modern Christian culture where women are continually taking inappropriate leadership roles in the church, this scripture illustrates exactly how women should be directing one another . . . to be busy at home, to help their husbands, and to love their children.

~~ bonavitablog@hotmail.com

11. Step says:

Amen! I lost my mother 10 months after my father passed and I was only 20 years old at the time. She taught me how to run a household (cook, clean, etc.) as she was a homemaker herself, but I longed for a good, Christian mentor during my 20s and 30s just the same. Still do, actually, and I’ll be 40 (gulp) in 9 days.

Thankfully, I have found blogs like yours to help me in my walk with the Lord as I strive towards Titus 2 and Proverbs 31. In a world where most scoff at such concepts, your blog has been a true blessing to me. :)

12. Mrs. Parunak says:

This is absolutely right on. Thank you for reminding older women of what they are called to do. It is also very important for young women to remember what their job is going to be down the road. We need to be preparing now for our role later. Older women sometimes tell me that they don’t remember what they did about this or that child rearing question because it happened so long ago. If I want to be prepared to help younger women later, I need to make sure that I remember what I’m learning and what my life is like now. We can also be thinking ahead by asking ourselves, “What kind of help do I wish I could have, and how can I grow into the kind of woman who can provide exactly that to someone else later on?”

13. beingmolded says:

I wish I had a mentor. I am striving every day, with the Lords grace, to becoe one for my children and grandchildren.

14. teecha says:

To those “older” women. I am struggling with loving and respecting my husband. He is a good Christian man and loves me and the family. I am not posting to complain about him. I find that I am filled with anger and am easily annoyed at him. I then lash out and speak words that are, to say the least, not edifying. I believe I am being chastened for my behavior in respect to my husband but still struggle with it. I know what the bible says about husband and wife relationships, however it seems I just keep falling in this area. Is it that I am trying to be in control of all things and stamp my feet like a child when I don’t get my way? I was not raised in a Christian home , in fact was raised to be self-sufficint and independent. These things do not come easily for me although I want to be a Godly example for my children. Any words of encouragement or practicial applications would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    P.S. Even when I say I am sorry and try to change it seems I still have ill feelings in my heart. I want to be sorry because I have offended God not just because I fear the consequences.