May 30, 2008 by Stacy McDonald

Daughter Rejects Famous Mother’s Rabid Feminism

“She’s revered as a trail-blazing feminist and author. Alice Walker touched the lives of a generation of women. A champion of women’s rights, she has always argued that motherhood is a form of servitude. But one woman didn’t buy in to Alice’s beliefs – her daughter, Rebecca, 38.

Here the writer describes what it was like to grow up as the daughter of a cultural icon, and why she feels so blessed to be the sort of woman 64-year-old Alice despises – a mother.”

Click HERE to read the article that reveals some of the fruit of feminism. This daughter, who it seems is not a Christian, has at least realized she was almost duped by the wicked and deceptive doctrines of feminism. Please pray for Rebecca, for her mother (Alice Walker, feminist author of The Color Purple), and for all the women Ms. Walker has deceived. And pray for little Tenzin too – as well as his father!

15 Responses to “Daughter Rejects Famous Mother’s Rabid Feminism”

1. Step says:

My, oh my! What a powerful article. I could almost feel the hurt that this woman has endured from her own mother through the words of that interview. If my math is correct, Rebecca Walker is right about my age (nearly 40). I wonder why her mother bothered to marry and have a child at all. She sounds like a terribly selfish woman, but I’m glad that her daughter has chosen a different path.

I love some of Walker’s writing; a great deal of it is revelatory rather than deceptive. It’s a shame, then, that she thinks thus of motherhood. Maybe she’s speaking from her own past nightmares, or some idea of motherhood she carried from the time she was young. I hope she gets over it.

3. Kim from Canada says:

Wow! I have to say, I understand this woman’s thoughts very well. Being brought up in the selfish atmosphere of a feminist mother broke down my family when I was 13yo. I was 30 before the fog of feminist brainwashing started to clear from head – thank you, Lord! Unfortunately, it did effect my early life choices, including putting off starting my own family. But my husband is a blessing in his strength and leadership and love for me as I have grown away from that old doctrine.
    My mother doesn’t talk to me anymore either – more by my choice. She continued to try and breakdown my marriage and indoctrinate my daughter in very manipulative ways. It had to stop. Now, after 5 years, I see things so much more clearly. Hopefully, my daughter can learn God’s way for women without any of the distraction I had. Again, thank you, Lord!
    Great article, thanks for the post.

4. Persuaded says:

Thanks so much for sharing this article. Much of it brought tears to my eyes as I thought of a young girl being left so much on her own, and left so adrift… As humans we try and try to make our own way “work,” we try and prove how “right” our ideas are, but in the end God’s way is proven *right!* Time and time again, even in the lives of unbelievers God’s way is the only way that works.

Praise Him.

5. yoshi3329 says:

I wrote about this on my blog as well.

6. praying4more says:

What an amazing article. I read something similar on another blog several months ago. It was an article written by a secular journalist who is angry at the lies taught to her by feminism. She bought those lies hook, line, and sinker, and pursued the career/independence path that the feminist philosophy said would bring fulfillment. Now she is nearly 40, single, unfulfilled, and yearning to have a child. And she is angry at the lies she was fed!!

Sadly, millions of women are continuing to fall for this lie. They pursue the path of career and independence and then somewhere in their late 30’s, when their fertility is nearly gone, they realize that what they really want is to get married and have a family. And it’s now too late.

What a blessing for Rebecca Walker that her eyes were opened to the blessing of motherhood. I hope she is blessed with more children.

Thanks for sharing this,
    Patti

7. Mrs. Stewart says:

I read this about a week ago, and sadly I’m in a similar position with my Atheist Feminist mother. My mother didn’t disown me, but she has no interest in being a mother or grandmother. It grieves me on a near daily basis. It hurts especially at holidays when we are alone.

8. Tully Family says:

You are right, Stacy- this women, her son & her mother need our prayers! How sad! I pray that as Christian women, we would never, never grumble at the gift of our children or the blessing of having a godly husband who leads us. May we shine as a light in a very dark world!

9. Anonymous says:

WOW!!! What a powerful article. My heart grew heavy and very sad as I read of her childhood. How aweful to feel as if you are a burden…instead of a precious gift! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Ruth, PA

10. Miss Deb says:

That was an amazing article. How interesting that the daughter can see that, despite what her mother says. I ached for them both–how hard to be treated thus by your own mother, and to be fooled into thinking motherhood is worthless. What hurts and pains her mother must be still reeling from in her own past, to believe like that.

They both need our prayers.

11. Anonymous says:

I can so relate to this.I was raised by a single mother and was a latch key kid,with almost no supervision.Constantly left alone while my mother pursued her own interests.Now I’m a SAHM of 5 that are homeschooled.To this day I like Rebecca have always felt my mom’s friends and her own self gratification have been above all else.She barely has anything to do with her own grandchildren,too busy living the RV lifestyle.The only time she really does do anything with them is when she is telling them how sheltered and cumbersome their lives are because they are not out experiencing a sinful lifestyle.This has hurt my children terribly.I’m often asked why does grandma not like me? Unfortunatley femininsm is the root.Just like society today that just gives the kids money and anything they want without any time love or affection.That’s why kids are so violent and out of touch today.I am so glad I have been given the opportunity to raise my children differently.They are my pride and joy.

12. Joy Blossoms says:

For those of us who “bought the lie” right up to our middle-aged, lowered-fertility years: Here is the way to achieve Perpetual Fertility: Adopt. Adopt often! Better yet, get foster care licensed and minister the love of our saviour to one (or more) of the thousands of “fatherless” (James 1:27) right in your own neighborhood. If you are not of Hebraic heritage and you embrace this faith we call Christianity, YOU yourself have been adopted. It parallels the plan of salvation … and it answers fully the “problem” of infertility. Personally, God gave us infertility as a precious gift so that my husband would long for fatherhood more than he longed to procreate. After two adoptions, He sent us two more gifts of my womb. Still open to more either way (I’m 44) and we’re pursuing foster care & adoption as a means to parent more lonely children.

Don’t waste precious time grieving infertility while precious children wait to be loved by you. THEY don’t care if you’re over 40; they just want a family.

13. Miranda Rat says:

It breaks my heart that this woman had such a horrible childhood. This truly shows us the fruits of feminism. But I am glad that she was able to overcome. I pray that, if she hasn’t already, she will become a Christian as well.

14. chatkat9731 says:

This article was good – sad though. I agree with one of the posters on here about adopting if we have found ourselves in this situation. My situation is a bit different but we were only able to have one bio child and we have adopted seven after that. The Lord has used us in a way I never dreamed possible. We are also hoping to adopt one more sib group. God Bless you Stacy.

Kathy P.
    chatkat@bellsouth.net

15. Pranay Sherke says:

While “feminism” does have it’s severe pitfalls, would you not agree that many of the freedoms and power you have as women is a result of the feminist “revolution” ? For instance, compare yourself to a woman in Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan or Bangladesh or Iran; countries where feminism has not exactly taken off, would you then even feel like “submitting” to your husband if a similar social system was in place in your Western country ? Your thoughts on this would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks.