February 26, 2008 by Stacy McDonald

Excerpt from “Weary Women”

One of my readers pointed out to me in the comments section that there may be ladies who misunderstood the point of this post, so I’ve decided to remove the old post and instead include a segment from Chapter 4 of Passionate Housewives called “Weary Women.”
I want everyone to understand that spending time with God each day, praying, and worshiping Him, is crucial to the life of any Christian. But it is a mistake to try to make our “quiet time” resemble someone else’s. We should spend time with God in the way He allows – in the time He gives us – without agonizing over how quiet or secluded a time we manage to have. We must rely on God to meet our needs, trusting that He knows (better than we do) what those needs truly are. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. (Isaiah 40:29)
Excerpted from Chapter 4 of Passionate Housewives Desperate for God:”Has anyone ever said to you, “You sure do look tired; you need to get more rest”? Maybe some well-meaning friend has patted your back and told you about your need for more time to yourself without the children, so that you won’t have a breakdown or wear yourself out. Perhaps they’ve insisted that, to be truly spiritual or godly, you must have a “quiet time” early each morning in peaceful solitude with the Lord.
To top it off, they’ve probably warned you that if you don’t do all these things (that are practically impossible for a mom with young children), you won’t be able to take care of your family properly, your relationship with God will suffer, and you may even wind up on the five o’clock news!Rather than getting angry or frustrated by these statements, we need to know how to respond to them. Even more importantly, we need to know how to rely on God to relieve our burdens—His ways never fail us! In this chapter we’ll discuss several ways we can let go of some of the ways we burden ourselves, as well as learn how to properly manage the challenges and trials God sends us for our good and His glory.
The Highly Revered “Quiet Time”
I’ll let you in on a little secret. I don’t have a personal quiet time every morning that is actually quiet or alone, nor do I know anyone with more than two children who does. Spending time with God and in His Word is crucial, but don’t set yourself up for disappointment by expecting a regular time of peaceful bliss in prayer and quiet solitude.I believe that one of the heaviest burdens well-meaning Christians place upon the shoulders of mothers at home is the mandate of “quiet time.” One mother shared with me how heavy a burden this was for her to bear:“I have heard over and over that I should have a quiet time every morning. I have felt so guilty over the past four years. I tried everything to have one. Getting up earlier did not work, as I have a little one who seems to know as soon as my eyelids open in the morning. The only thing that happened in my efforts was that I felt guilty and lost more sleep than one already does with little ones.”

Moms of little ones need their sleep! We can certainly discipline ourselves to go to bed early enough so that we can wake up with our little ones (or our husband), but to beat ourselves up over our failure to create a worship time that resembles someone else’s isn’t necessary and can sometimes be detrimental.

It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows; for so He gives His beloved sleep. (Psalm 127:2)

Rain on Your Despair with “Prayer Droplets”

Too many women are in bondage to the man-made myth that everyone should pray in one great big gush early each morning. But rather than praying a river at an appointed time every day, I would suggest a more reasonable and feasible option for a busy mother: pray in “droplets” throughout the day. Not only is this achievable, it is biblical. We are instructed to “pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) and to let our souls follow close behind Him as His right hand holds us up (Psalm 63:8).

What better way to follow close behind Him than to read snippets of Scripture and pray in droplets throughout the day? As you care for your children, interact with neighbors, and chat with store clerks, “let your tongue speak of His righteousness and of His praise all the day long” (Psalm 35:28). God is your refuge—make clinging to Him every moment become a disciplined habit, even as others look on:

I have become as a wonder to many, But You are my strong refuge. Let my mouth be filled with Your praise and with Your glory all the day. (Psalm 71:7-8, NKJV)

When all your children are small, it can be nearly impossible to even go to the bathroom alone, much lessenjoy a half-hour of prayer and contemplation in heavenly, uninterrupted bliss; so get creative! Copy chapters of Scripture or buy small pocket Bibles and place them around your house—in the bathroom, in the laundry room, next to the chair where you nurse the baby—wherever you might have a moment where you’re standing (or sitting) still. You’ll find yourself rising above your trials by God’s sustaining hand when you make His Word a continuous presence in your day (Psalm 119:116-117).

If you have little ones, accept that this is your “noisy season” of life. You’ll have moments for “quiet” time later. Pray in droplets during the day as well as when you’re awakened at night:

Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. (Psalm 42:8)

Pray with your children, pray when you’re bathing the baby, and pray in the shower— but pray!

Make Room in Your Prayer Closet for Your Children

Looking back to the days when all my children were young, and I desperately sought time alone with God, I recall thinking, “What’s wrong with me? Why does everyone else seem to have it all together, and I can’t seem to have a single quiet time without getting frustrated over being interrupted every five seconds?” I thought I had to spend time with God a certain way for it to “count.”

Then there were the mornings when I sacrificed the extra rest and tried to get up before the children did. Inevitably, I would open my Bible, begin praying, and then hear the footsteps of a toddler plodding down the stairs. “Mommy, I’m hungry.” And so my day would begin in frustration and heaviness without having accomplished my “spiritual time of rest and quiet communion with God.”

Rather than pouring some cereal and reading my Bible with the children while they ate and I sipped a cup of coffee, I would begin my day feeling like a failure, being short with the children—perhaps even secretly feeling like God was unfair. After all, I just wanted to spend time alone with Him; why couldn’t He have kept everyone asleep? I wound up getting angry because I was trying to meet God each day “my way” rather than His, and it wasn’t working.

It took me a long time to realize that I needed to serve God right where He had placed me—and I didn’t have to be in seclusion to spend quality time with Him. I was in His presence with every diaper I changed, every Bible story I told my children, every meal I prepared, every toilet I cleaned, and every math paper I graded. I learned to gather my little ones around me to pray the Lord’s Prayer, for my good as well as theirs.”

22 Responses to “Excerpt from “Weary Women””

1. Brandy says:

I just found your blog today through a friends page. Thank you for your heart for God, your family and motherhood. It is so refreshing. I am hoping to homeschool my children and we want a large family, so I am so encouraged by your writing:)
    Blessings to you!
    Brandy Maddox

2. Vicki says:

Hi Stacy (hope it’s ok to comment I don’t have a blog and couldn’t see anywhere to put my email address where it wouldn’t be public)

Thank you for your blog it is such a wonderful encouragement. It felt like a weight being lifted when I read your book – the chapter about that ever ellusive me time! and now this article. Passionate Housewives is a fantastic book and I’m so thankful for it. Thanks for giving up your time to encourage other mothers.

Vicki

3. Cyndi Lewis says:

Thank you for your encouraging words as these are issue that I (and probably most women/mothers)struggle with.

4. Anonymous says:

Dear Stacy,

Let me first say that I really enjoy your blog and see your heart for your husband and family and for serving the Lord.

I was caught off-gaurd by this particular post though. I understand that you are trying to be an encouragement to young and overwhelmed moms – we are so hard on ourselves about not being able to do “everything”! The problem is that your post is focused in the wrong direction. Spending quiet time with the Lord is not about us! It’s not about us being refreshed and blessed or about taking care of ourselves. We are to spend quiet time with the Lord to praise Him, to hallow His Name, to be still and know that He is God! He wants and deserves our undivided attention – NOTHING is more important. What if we had the same attitude towards our husbands – that we are only intimate with him for what we get out of it? What if the time we gave him was never “quiet or alone” – the only attention we gave him was while were doing other things – all our conversations took place while “bathing babies”, while “in the shower”, or when “driving to the grocery store”? It wouldn’t make for a very healthy marriage.

Spending quiet time with the Lord isn’t optional. Whether we choose to do it or not, reflects our priorities. I think the bigger issue for young moms is thinking that quiet time has to be hours long. Quiet time isn’t about quantity but quality – it’s a reflection of our heart toward God. If we can only give 15 minutes of completely undivided attention, God is blessed. Fifteen minutes isn’t hard to find in a 24-hour period!

Jesus gently rebuked Martha in Luke 10:39-42 for this very thing – she “was distracted with much serving.” When she complained to Jesus that Mary was helping, Jesus answered “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But ONE thing is NEEDED, and Mary has chosed that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”

Love,
    Chris
    ecbspj@aol.com

5. Anonymous says:

Hi Stacy,

It’s Chris again… I’m really concerned for all the moms who are reading this. This post is the “encouragement” they need to justify not spending quite time with the Lord. If there’s time to blog or to read blogs, certainly there’s time in which a decision is made on how to spend that time… It’s about priorities – it’s about our heart. I would like to challenge young moms not to even turn on their computers until they have spent quiet time with the Lord!

Chris
    ecbspj@aol.com

Hi Chris,

This is absolutely NOT the point. Spending time praying and worshipping God is crucial in the life of a Christian. My point was not to minimize that – just to point out that everyone’s “quiet time” will not look the same at every season of life. And it won’t always be “quiet.”

If God ordains for a “noisy” quiet time some days or if He allows us time with Him with children at our feet – that’s OK. It doesn’t make us less spiritual or ready to fall off the deep end of motherhood.

I’ve known women who are so obsessed with “their quiet time” that they become angry and frustrated if they don’t get it. I can remember being in tears because every time I attempted to arrange a time alone, SOMETHING seemed to happen to ruin it.

Here’s a portion of an old comment – in fact I added a modified version of this to our book, Passionate Housewives Desperate for God in the “Weary Women” chapter. Here’s the comment:

“Yes, I think that’s the underlying problem with all of “me-ology.” It actually produces frustration, bitterness, more emptiness, and ungodly guilt. It may be comforting for a moment, but it doesn’t last. Only God can supply the true refreshing we need.

I can remember feeling like, “What’s wrong with me? Why does everyone else seem to have it all together, and I can’t seem to have a single quiet time without getting frustrated over being interrupted every 5 seconds?”

I wound up getting angry because I was trying to meet God each day “my way” rather than His way and it wasn’t working. I thought I had to spend time with God a certain way for it to “count.”

I can remember praying at night (after the baby had been up 12 or 13 times) “Please God, please, please, please let her sleep.” And then I’d hear the inevitable scream. I would cry into my pillow because I knew it was only an hour before I had to get up. Then, when I tried to get up before the children woke up, inevitably I would open my Bible, start praying and I would hear the footsteps of toddler down the stairs. “Mommy I’m hungry.” And so my day would begin with frustration and heaviness, not having had my “spiritual time of rest and quiet communion with God.”

Rather than pouring some cereal and reading my Bible with the children while they ate and I sipped a cup of coffee, I would begin my day feeling like a failure and perhaps even secretly feeling like God was unfair.

It took me a long time to realize that I needed to serve God right where He had placed me – and I didn’t have to be in seclusion to spend quality time with Him. I was in His presence with every diaper change, every Bible story I told my children, every meal I prepared, every toilet I cleaned, and every math paper I graded.

Sometimes we get too spiritual for our own good. We try to be holier than Jesus. He was certainly just as Holy when He washed the feet of His disciples and healed the sick than when He prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane! He didn’t seek “me-time” because He came to serve and we’re to emulate Him.

God will provide us with the rest and refreshing we need. He will even provide us with time alone with Him sometimes. But, we’re not to knock ourselves out trying to get away from everyone to meet with God. We need to learn to find Him in the everyday commotion of serving our families too!

Seek Him first (Matt 6:33) and let Him give you what you need – instead of trying to meet your own needs. You’ll be amazed at how much better at it He is!!

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19, NKJV)

7. Anonymous says:

Hi Stacy,

I’m sorry if I seemed to imply that it was your intended point to encourage women not to spend quiet time with God! What I was trying to convey is that we make choices all day long, every day. And that our number one priority has to be our RELATIONSHIP with God. Not just serving him in the tasks that we do, but in developing our relationship with Him by giving Him our undivided attention, by sitting at His feet, by reading His Word. It doesn’t have anything to do with being spiritual or holy but sitting at his feet like Mary did. I don’t think Mary was trying to be spiritual or holy. She was just giving the Lord the attention He deserves. I again relate it to our marriages: If we just cook meals, do laundry, keep the house clean and teach our children but don’t spend alone time with our husbands, it doesn’t make for a very healthy marriage. We have to make the time for our husbands, time to be intimate with him, time to give him our ear and undivided attention. Anyone can do the tasks. Our husbands want US. God wants US – not just all our tasks. He wants our attention and our heart. We are the only one that can give Him OUR attention and OUR own heart and His place in it – that’s what happens in quiet time. It doesn’t work if we wait to see if we have 15 minutes left over at the end of the day. We have to make the time. Of course, there are days, the rare exception, that it just can’t happen – but I think it’s more the case that we choose differently. We choose to spend the time on the computer, or reading a book other than the Bible (even a good book like Passionate Housewives Desparate for God!), etc. I would rather see a post on helping young moms find a way to have that uninterrupted 15 minutes rather than “excuse” not doing it – give suggestions on what to do with your children while you are having quiet time. A few examples: Have your quiet time while the children are eating breakfast, if you have older children have a standard activity they do every day with the younger ones like Dot Art that they only get to play when you’re having quiet time. We have a basket of ziplock freezer bags in it – each bag contains a “do-it-yourself activity for toddlers. As a very last resort have your children watch a video (I’m not promoting TV watching by any means but if it’s the only way, 15 minutes of Barney Songs or a Praise Baby video will have to do!) Our children can be taught that when mom is having quiet time, she’s meeting with God. They can be trained to have their own quiet time for a few minutes, just as they can be taught to sit through a church service! It’s a process but they can be taught and from a very early age.

Love,
    Chris
    ecbspj@aol.com

8. Mrs. G says:

This post and the chapter in Passionate Housewives was just what I needed to hear. I actually cried with relief when I read it in the book, because I was feeling so down and aggravated that I didn’t get my “quiet time.” I was trying to spend time with the Lord, but I can do that with my child at my side! In fact, that’s what I should be doing. I need to be teaching that to her. It was such a relief to know that you don’t have a “quiet” or “alone” time, either. Thank you for this post and for the book. It has been a great source of encouragement to me.

9. Jayne says:

I am at a point in my life now where finding 15 minutes for quiet time with God is the easy task that Chris seems to think it is. I remember having 3 children under 5 (one a baby that I was breastfeeding on demand) and it was impossible to schedule a quiet time. My baby would wake up when heard me wake up and my children needed my constant attention. I was on call 24/7 – always subject to interuption. I had been taught that a quiet time should be a consistent time and place when I could be quiet, alone and would not be interupted. How I wish that I had had Stacy’s advice then. Instead I felt guilty, frustrated and resentful of my children.

I am concerned that you are casting doubt on Stacy’s excellent advice, Chris. She isn’t saying that time with God is unimportant. She is saying to let go of our expectations of what that time will look like. She is so right about this.

Jayne

10. jen says:

I recently sat in a womans Sunday School class with mostly older women who were aged 60-90 or so. They talked about the importance of young moms making quiet time in the morning a priority. I could see the faces of dispair of the young moms in that group who were sitting there nursing their little ones.
    I was told (when I first started out as a mom) that I needed to get up at 3 am if that’s what it took so that I could spend enough ‘quiet’ time with God. I realized after the fourth child in five years that this wasn’t practical.
    Taping scripture memory verses to my bathroom mirrors and inside my kitchen cabinets and to the control panel of my washer, to the computer, etc. is what works for me. I have verses of encouragement in my home journal. I pray and sing praises while doing the dishes and sweeping the floor. I sing of the Lord to my children while changing their diapers and driving us all to the grocery store.
    Time with the Lord is imperative. Fitting someone else’s ideas (including our own) of what ‘time with the Lord’ means is not.

Dear Chris,

I agree that we can certainly “choose” to do things that steal time away from God – or not. I think you have some great ideas for helping moms find time with the Lord by training children to respect mom’s prayer time. It’s important to eventually get to this place with our children – though it may take some time.

Susanna Wesley did something similar when she covered her head with her apron while she prayed (her children knew to not interrupt Mother during those times). We don’t know what that actually looked like – I’m sure she didn’t leave little ones unattended to do it – and I wonder how quiet it actually was).

Again, I am not giving women an “excuse” or “permission” to neglect worshipping the Lord. My point is just the opposite. We MUST have time with the Lord – but as far as a formal time alone with God – that may look different during different seasons of life. I’m NOT saying there’s ever a time when we don’t “have to” spend time with the Lord!

And on those overwhelming days when nursing infants, colicky babies, and busy toddlers “seem” to be in the way of our quiet time with God, we should reevaluate what the purpose of a “quiet time” really is and in fact, what God has ordained for it to look like for us during this season of our lives. (There are times when mornings may not work – maybe nap time, or even night time is better). And some days that “formal” quiet time may not happen – that’s why it’s important to have prayed in “droplets” all day long. Stay in a perpetual spirit of prayer and communion with God – especially on those difficult days.

Moms need to be flexible. I think your point of training little ones to be quiet while mom has a prayer and reading time is good, but we need to understand that it takes a while to train children – and training means “we’re still in the process,” so we’ll have days when the children will do better than other days.

For me, it seemed that just as I would get my children trained and my life seemed to be getting a little more organized, a new baby came along and tossed all “my” expectations out the window.

If we come to “expect” a quiet time of solitude or if we feel like we’re spiritual failures if we don’t manage to have it in uninterrupted bliss, then we’re missing the whole point of worship. Our worship time is FROM God and FOR God; it’s not all about us – though we certainly do benefit.

Quiet solitude with God is “my” dream, but if God ordains my time with him that day to mean prayer and Bible reading with toddlers running their chunky trucks over my slippers while I sit in the rocker, then who am I to feel like that’s not good enough?

Our chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. I can glorify God in the midst of peanut butter sandwiches and nursery rhymes. I can read my Bible while nursing a baby. I can sing praises to my King while folding laundry and strolling babies down a country road. My quiet time doesn’t have to look like your quiet time for it to glorify God. And I can’t get frustrated with the precious ones God has given me because they interrupt my vision of what my quiet time “should” look like.

By the way, I don’t know about you, but most moms I know do not use the computer or read books in uninterrupted solitude either! LOL I usually have at least one child on my lap, nursing or cuddling, during a post. And I am always monitoring someone while they do something – and it’s never quiet. Did I mention I really, really LOVE quiet?

The intimate time I spend with my husband happens at night (yes, we believe in early bed times for little ones); we don’t put the children in a room with a video to spend time together behind closed doors. As we focus on the relational aspects of either marital intimacy or intimate union with the Father, God supplies the time and “solitude” we actually “need,” not what we think we must have.

12. Step says:

Amen and amen, Stacy! When I read this chapter in your book, I did indeed rest easier. Like many others, I thought quiet time meant going off to a prayer “closet”, alone, uninterrupted for at least 30 minutes to read my Bible or devotions. I was never able to achieve that — not even now that my 3 are a bit older. I tried getting up at 6, 5:30, 5 a.m. and then I drew the line. I’m a morning person, but not that much of a morning person — sheesh!

No, the solution for me is to pray throughout the day. Some days I can catch 15 minutes alone, but not everyday. No more guilt and anguish over this issue for me!

13. Mary says:

I have to agree with Chris on this one. I am a young mother with small children. I make is a priority to find time with God, just like I make it a priority to eat, sleep, or shower. I haven’t seen anyone say it’s okay to not eat or shower as long as our families are taken care of.
    I believe that I’m pretty well organized and that is how I find time to be with God. I find time to view this blog as well as others. I should have the time to be with God also.
    We don’t tell our husband and children that we can’t spend time with them for various reasons, so why treat our creator and savior in this same way?
    Mary
    musicboo2000@yahoo.com

14. Lady D says:

“I make is a priority to find time with God, just like I make it a priority to eat, sleep, or shower.”

Mary, did you actually read the post and all the comments? Nobody said that finding time with God shouldn’t be a priority – nobody.

The only thing that’s been said is that this “time” is going to look different for everyone.

“I am at a point in my life now where finding 15 minutes for quiet time with God is the easy task that Chris seems to think it is. I remember having 3 children under 5 (one a baby that I was breastfeeding on demand) and it was impossible to schedule a quiet time. My baby would wake up when heard me wake up and my children needed my constant attention.”

Jayne, this is exactly what I’m talking about. I am finally at a point when I’m coming out of the fog of pregnancy and nursing. For the first time in 12 years I’m not pregnant and I’m barely nursing (maybe 3-5 minutes per day!). It makes a HUGE difference in my energy level.

On top of that, some of my children are now older/grown and are ready and able to help. But when I was pregnant, had many little ones, and had a baby who wasn’t sleeping through the night for one reason or another – life looked much different.

For me, I LOVE to work in peace and quiet. I LOVE to pray in peace and quiet. I LOVE to study my Bible in peace and quiet. But for young moms with many little ones, God may not have ordained for it to be that way – at least not yet.

I used to agonize over this – especially when well-meaning friends from church would tell me that my problems would all be solved if I had an hour long quiet time alone before dawn each morning. This became my goal, my obsession, my impossible dream! Not only because I really, really wanted it, but because I thought it was the “godly” thing to do. I thought God would only “fill” me up and accept my sacrifices of praise if it were done first thing in the morning all alone.

My children didn’t seem to hear the same sermon. :-) They ALWAYS seemed to know when I got up – even when I tiptoed into the living room and used the smallest lamp in the house. It was SOOOO frustrating.

I have a hard time paying attention when there is noise – so that combined with my frustration over things not turning out the way I thought they should, squelched my ability to study and my attitude of praise and adoration to my God.

He had to show me that my desperation for a “fantasy quiet time” was in a way, idolatry. If I was truly wanting to commune, worship, and pray to God, it would happen regardless of the time, regardless, of the length of time, and regardless of who was in the room and how much noise they were making.

I wonder what Corrie Ten Boom’s “quiet time” looked like when she was in the concentration camps. I doubt she had a lovely time of quiet Bible study. She probably “stole” moments with God whenever she could – and she probably praised Him under her breath throughout the day.

16. Mary says:

I am sorry if I sounded like I thought anyone else who commented did not have a priority for God. I just wanted to make a point that for me as a young mother with small children I do not have a problem finding a “quiet time” because I make that time a priority. I did not mean to offend anyone by my comment.

Stacy, Passionate Housewives was a blessing to me. I learned much from your book and I thank you for it. This is just an issue that I guess I see in a different way.

17. Lisa W. says:

Thank you so much for this post!

To Chris and others,

I just want to point out that I think that God can handle it when we talk to Him while doing other things or read His Word while overseeing the children’s breakfast. He is glorified if we can worship at His feet while caring for our homes and our children. He doesn’t prescribe the manner in which He is worshipped except that it be with our whole beings.

Certainly, we would never want to go without ever spending time alone in the Word or in prayer, but to say it absolutely has to take place every day in quiet and solitude is extra-biblical, IMHO.

Lisa

18. Kelly says:

Oh wonderful post. Thanks for this. I needed to read this. I have a toddler at home and finding quiet time alone is nearly impossible. She also seems to have some sort of special ability to just know when I wake up. I’m starting to realize that time with God and my daughter can be one and the same thing.
    Kelly

19. Abby says:

Stacy, as much as I see your point about quiet time not always being a possibility, I agree with Chris that if a woman could find time to read a blog, she could find time to pray to God privately.

I have never been able to spend my mornings in prayer, I am just too befuddled in the morning to focus on more than getting dressed and brushing my teeth. I do my quiet time in the evening right before I go to bed. My daughter is in bed long before I go to sleep.

But as much as I would like to say that I am consistent, I’m not. In fact, I spend more time on the computer than I do glorifying God. Right now is a good example of that.

I do agree that we should spend our entire day in prayer, in fact, the Bible says to pray continuously, so if I limit my time in prayer to a few minutes once a day, I’m not honoring God. But there are times when a mom needs a quiet space free of children, even if it’s not every day.

I have to say that I don’t think that we are on the exact same page theologically in many ways, but we are both moms, and I think that practical advice about motherhood as a Christian is invaluable, especially when it comes to developing your spiritual life.

“But there are times when a mom needs a quiet space free of children…”

The point isn’t that moms don’t or won’t ever “need” this time, the point is that she should trust God to give her what she “needs.” If He doesn’t give her alone time some days, then He may have decided she didn’t “need” it those days and she shouldn’t break her neck trying to create something He didn’t deem necessary.

Nowhere in Scripture are we told that everyone MUST have total silence and seclusion with God, away from one’s children, at least once each day.

I have a feeling we’re saying the same thing to some extent; what I don’t agree with is the mandate or the “need” of being away from one’s children in “peace and quiet” to accomplish a quiet time.

21. Sarah says:

What encouraging words. I’m going to print this off to keep, thank you.

22. Larissa says:

WOW! You are rocking my world with this post! My very good friend and I have recently been trying to keep each other accountable to a daily time of prayer and refreshment. This is a busy season in both our lives, as I have four, four and under, she has three, four and under. She sent me this link as she was encouraging me to not strive after a morning quiet time if it simply wasn’t happening! Such a great snippet!!! So filled with grace!

How deep the father’s love for us! He isn’t sitting in heaven with some type of Check list, He is loving us so much He sacrificed His Son! I need so much more of the gospel each day! Please keep doing this work of grace! Truly something I needed to be reminded of!!

Blessings, Larissa