January 29, 2008 by Stacy McDonald
I just spoke with Heather on the phone and I could hear Jesus in every word she spoke. Though her voice broke with occasional short sobs, they were cries of grief, not cries of hopelessness. Heather most assuredly knows where her hope lies – and she knows in Whose Hand her husband is held. She is clinging to her Savior and His supernatural peace is unmistakable in her grieving spirit. She knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is in control.
She said, “I can’t do anything else but trust and accept God’s plans in all of this. What else can I do but rejoice in Him?” At this, she began to cry. It’s funny how Christians can grieve and rejoice in God at the same time. It’s one of those “God’s ways are not our ways” sort of things that you just can’t explain.
“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.” (Isaiah 26:3, NKJV)
Summer 2007 (Erbers, Davises, and McDonalds)
Heather asked that I give you the prayer needs and updates, so I pray I get the details right.
Heather said they have not received the results from the e.e.g. yet. This is the test that will let them know if there is any brain activity. The wait for these results are torturous, but they are trusting God.
Continued updates/prayer requests:
- Eric’s body temperature keeps dropping. Please pray.
- His body continues to produce high, high enzymes. This is an indication that muscles are breaking down – they’re not sure which ones or why. Please pray.
- They have taken him off of almost all sedation and there has been no response at all – not even a flinch. This is a short-lived medication that should wear off within half an hour. Please pray.
- His white blood count had gone up to 20,000 and now it’s down to 1600. They have him on medications to raise his white blood count. Please pray his body kicks in and starts making its own.
- Please pray for God’s continued strength, peace, faith, and wisdom for Heather.
- Pray for the children to have peace and faith in God’s Providence – and if by God’s Providence the time comes for good-bye, pray they will have the opportunity to be with their father.
- Pray for Heather’s parents as they care for the children.
- Please pray for the Davises faithful church family – that all would be given God’s love and strength as they serve as the hands and feet of Jesus.
- Pray the doctors will be given God’s wisdom to find out what is wrong and help Eric.
Thank you to all of you who have been praying. May God richly bless you and your families. If you’d like to visit the Davis Family Blog, please click here. Friends are attempting to keep everyone updated.