August 1, 2007 by Stacy McDonald

Should women register for the draft when they turn 18?

Because of the feminist influence it is very possible that my young daughters (and yours) will soon have the “right” to be forced to register for the draft.

I can’t imagine any man being so cowardly as to sit by and allow young girls to defend grown men in the face of machine guns and terrorists and then not be utterly ashamed. Click here to watch what these brave men are willing to do for a vote.

The Bayly Brothers have a great post today on their blog. Be sure to check it out.
Women as Martyrs

23 Responses to “Should women register for the draft when they turn 18?”

1. MrsTaunya says:

I am so saddened by what our nation has come to. I truly feel like a foreigner. I just can’t believe that these people are human and I am human and we see things so drastically different. I have two young daughters 11 and 7 and I must admit this scares me. I know fear is not of the Lord so I will need to ask His forgiveness but what I just watched on your post has left me scared and upset! May God forgive us all!

2. dlr says:

As far as I can tell, all of the “front runners” for the Republicans are in favor of drafting women as well.

3. Anonymous says:

I watched this clip yesterday and from what I remember, the speakers aren’t in favor of drafting women, what they are in favor of is encouraging women to join voluntarily. I don’t remember them saying they would require women to join-it would be voluntary. I don’t want to watch it again, though, to find out! It was very discouraging.

Hi Anonymous,

Perhaps you should watch it again, as much as you don’t want to. They said they are not in favor of a draft (democrats are always against the draft unless they are in power). However, they said that if boys are forced to register for the draft, then it’s only fair that girls should too. They are all in favor of mandatory registration of our daughters for the draft. “What’s the difference?” They said.

What’s the difference, indeed!

5. Anonymous says:

Okay, I’ll watch it again. I must have misunderstood.
    I guess this is just one more reason (among a million) to pray that the dems don’t win the next election.

6. Patti says:

I haven’t watched this and won’t do so, as I think it is a YouTube video, and we have blocked YouTube from our computer. However, based on some information that Doug Phillips (Vision Forum) provided a couple of years ago, I read a piece of legislation that had been introduced in Congress. It specifically included women in the draft. And this thought terrifies me. My sweet, innocent, 4 foot 11 and a half inch, 85 pound daughter (at age 17) having to take a position in the Armed Services.

I pray that the Lord would do a mighty miracle in the hearts of people. And I pray that He raises up a godly MAN to lead our nation, a man after his own heart.

7. Anonymous says:

My last application for a Florida driver’s permit had something about me being entered for the draft in the fine print. As I live in a foreign country at present, and can get get a local license I didn’t renew. Look closely at the fine print of the driver’s permits/license,ladies! You might want to send a letter saying you object to women going to war for religious reasons (provided that is how you feel). Hope this is helpful to you!

8. Anonymous says:

This is truly upsetting, but it also seems inevitable to me. If women can force their way into the men’s military colleges, if the military can force women soldiers to leave their babies behind to go to battle, there is no reason to think anyone would think twice about drafting women. We need to be aware of this and pray against/prepare for such a reality.

Carolyn Y

9. Anonymous says:

As a woman who has served in the Armed Forces, I think it is a wonderful idea.
    I also have noticed that few, if any “patriarchs” boys even serve. I wish America would do like they do in Europe. Every male must serve two years. It would do wonders I think. We are throwing away tens of thousands of dollars to try and entice men and women to join. Everyone should serve two years. It is just crazy the millions and millions that is being poured into getting lower ranking soldiers.
    My husband is a career soldier, and he enjoys the different views that women can bring to the table.
    Of course, I know I am in the minority on this blog, but it is how I feel.
    But Stacy, I will ask you this. When I was in the military, where was your husband? Did he serve? I probably took his place so he could stay home and be with you and have children.
    I would say that I took your husband’s place in the military, and I have never heard him say “thank-you”.
    How many of the “patriarchs” are in the military now? How many of their sons?
    I hold to the belief that if your husband or sons felt so strongly that it is wrong for a woman to serve, then they would be serving.They would think, “no woman is going to go in my place”.
    So say how wrong it is, how sad, etc., but know that as your son-in-law sits at home with your daughter and enjoys being with her, there is a female soldier out there who answered the call for him.
    She should be given an award for being brave and standing in the gap!

10. Anonymous says:

“She should be given an award for being brave and standing in the gap!”

Maybe for a military office job. Who should get an award for women in combat putting other soldiers’ lives at risk?

If a 180-200 pound man is wounded in combat, a 110-130 pound woman is going to carry him to safety?

Even outside of combat, having women in men’s military field jobs puts extra hardship on the men; they have to do their own physical labor and much of the women’s as well. A friend’s son in the military doing survival training, paired with a woman, ended up carrying her backpack as well as his own.

“Women in Combat” explains the physical difference between men and women in military training:

But no one can accuse the feminists and liberals of preferring facts and common sense over ideology, even if lives are at stake.

11. A Different Anonymous says:

Re: Women in the army.

Please read:

Should Women Go Into Combat?

Feminizing the Black Beret

12. Leigh Anne says:

I don’t know which European country the anonymous above meant, probably Germany? I live in a Western European country and we don’t have draft. Also, women have nothing to do in the military. It’s because of the deluded ladies like the one above that they speak about drafting women.

13. Leigh Anne says:

I found this on a blog called “End Of The Road.”

“There are women serving in the military, on the police force and firefighting. Society says they are equal to men, but are they?

For instance lets look at the differences for men and women when applying to the Canadian Forces.

MINIMUM PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES

TEST ITEM———————— MEN ——– WOMEN

Push-Ups
    Under 35 years of age———— 19 ——— 9

35 and older ———————– 14 ——— 7

Sit-Ups
    Under 35 years of age ———– 19 ——— 15

35 and older ———————– 17 ——— 12

Hand Grip (in kilograms)
    Combination of your left and
    right hand scores)
    Under 35 years of age ———– 75 ——— 50

35 and older ———————– 73 ——— 48

Hmmmmm that doesn’t seem very equal to me.”

I think you get the picture – young women have lower performance objectives than men over 35. Every woman put into the military makes the military weaker.

14. Anonymous says:

When I was in the Army I made sure that I could pass the PT test for the males at my age group, because of “women like you”.
    I still ask you all this question, is your husband serving, or has he served a full 20 years so a woman does not have to take his place? If the answer is no, then stop complaining about women being in the military. Someone has to do the job!!!!
    And, for what it is worth, I know many men who just “barely” pass the PT test for their standards! Also, women have to do the exact amount of situps as men in the US Army. Here is the minimum breakdown for 17-20 year olds!
    Pushups: Men 42 Women 19
    Situps: Men 53 Women 53
    2 Mile Run: Men 15:54 Women 18:54
    Now, that being said, do you know how many men over 20 can’t even do that standard minimum? ALOT!! Because when you go to Airborne School, you have to be able to pass that PT test for 17-20 year olds regardless of your age. There are many men who can’t even make it into that school because they can’t do it!
    As for the Candian Forces, man, you have some weak women up there if they can’t pass that test! I could pass it now with no problem without even having trained.
    Oh and another note, I never had anyone carry my “rucksack” or duffle bag. I did it myself. And I was known for being tougher and a better soldier than most men. I was also kind and could notice when someone was having a rough time and could encourage them. Like the dad who had to leave his two week old baby behind for a few weeks. I told him he could do it, because I had!
    Sorry ladies, you won’t convince me that women should not be in the military. I can tell you this though, it is much, much, much easier being the soldier deployed, than the spouse sitting home waiting on them!

15. Anonymous says:

Well, suppose all that you are saying is true, and you were such an exceptional woman, better than any man out there, it still doesn’t change the fact that women have nothing to do in the military. A lot of men don’t enlist, exactly because so many women join the army. Also, what about all the sexual tension which women create?
    How about all those ridiculous sexual harrasment lawsuits, they wouldn’t be there if not for women. What about all those pregnant soldiers? How about the fact that they had to invent the whole system so that women could pee standing like men?
    Women in the military change the nature of the whole institution, and one example doesn’t change anything. Also, women like you are doing normal women a disservice since there wouldn’t be any talking about draft for girls if it wasn’t for people like you.

16. Anonymous says:

Here some information about women in American military, written by an expert:”In the early 1990s, I was a staff member on the Presidential Commission on the Assignment of Women in the Armed Forces. The evidence the commission gathered was clear on one thing: Women don’t belong in combat.

The evidence showed women lack the necessary physical prowess. The strongest woman recruit, generally, is only as strong as the weakest man. Given that the services try to weed out the weakest men, it’s counterproductive to recruit even the strongest women. And our volunteer military, remember, doesn’t get the strongest women; it gets average women.

As well, women suffer higher rates of bone fractures, and other factors such as menstruation, pregnancy and aging militate against recruiting women as combat soldiers. The 20-something woman, for instance, has about the same lungpower as the 50-something man.”

Read the whole article here:http://www.visionforumministries.org/issues/women_in_the_military/what_kind_of_nation_sends_wome.aspx

17. Anonymous says:

Here is a brilliant argument by Lawrence Auster (View from The Right):”Here’s an example where I would argue that exceptions should not be allowed. I do not believe that women should be integrated with men in the military academies, in military training, and in regular military units. Now, what if there were one woman who wanted to join the military who was completely atypical of women. She has upper body strength equal to that of men, she has an interest in military history equal to that of men, she has a gung-ho spirit equal to that of men. Should she be excluded, just because she’s a woman?
    And my answer is yes, she should be excluded. Because the inclusion of just one woman would alter the entire institution of the military. There would have to be a different kind of uniform for her; different kind of regulation haircut for her; separate bathroom facilities; separate sleeping quarters, different treatment during basic training. Everything would have to be adjusted around her. The very character of military units as a group of men undifferentiated by sex differences would be ended. Plus, once one woman was admitted, the principle of admitting women into the regular military would be admitted, and the demand for more and more inclusion would never stop.

In short, it’s not just about individuals and individual qualifications. There are organic differences between men and women, and organic characteristics of institutions, that transcend the matter of individual rights and qualifications.”

18. Anonymous says:

Women still cannot be in “combat” units. The military still needs nurses, doctors, other healthcare workers, supply, etc.

19. Anonymous says:

Maybe you ladies enjoy sitting home being wives and mothers. I don’t!! My husband is not happy with me doing that either. He wants more for me than that. And after all, we can all agree that I am to make my husband happy and submit to him.

20. Just me says:

Being a military nurse isn’t the same as being a soldier, I hope we all can agree to that! And the post wasn’t about working women vs women who stay home, it was about draft and women in the military in general. There are a lot of things a lady can “do with her life”, besides just sitting home as you put it. Actually it’s a misconception to think that housewives, even those without children, just sit home and do nothing. A lot of such women have successful home businesses, are active in their community, write books, edit magazines, do volunteer work, take care of their elderly relatives etc etc. Being a housewife doesn’t mean watching Oprah the whole day. There are lots of things a lady can do, and I believe that home is the best place for it, as she is not under the stress of modern working place, and has the freedom to be herself and to develop her talents.

21. Anonymous says:

My husband just returned from the Middle East, I have a sister, and a brother-in-law in the military, my father was killed in Vietnam and my stepfather retired from the military. So, I am one woman in a patriachal family whose family is serving their country.LOL

I am not against women serving voluntarily in the military. I am against drafting women, though.

Most women are not as strong as most men, that is a fact. I realize that there are exceptions, of course, but you don’t create public policy based on the exceptions.

22. deb says:

If women are going to be drafted then they should be REQUIRED to do the same number of push ups, sit ups etc as men.

Yes, there are a few women who are able to do a man’s set of pushups, situps etc. My younger sister, who is serving in Iraq, is one of them.

But it doesn’t do her any good to have women who are not as strong as a she is serving beside her.

23. Sarah says:

I know I am late in posting here, over a year late but as I read the comments I knew I had to comment. I am veteran of the US Navy, am I happy to have served? Yes. Would I do it again? NO! Would I let my daughters serve? NO! The military is not for women. I was given the dirt work because I wouldn’t do certain favors for the married officers. I developed depression because of the way I was treated and many times I would go to the restroom just so I could cry. I anyone has ever used a carrier’s bathroom, it’s not a nice place to be alone in. A woman cannot compete with the men, in the military! I joined up because I was fed the feminist view of “I am woman, hear me roar” BTW in boot camp this song was played by my drill instructors to pump us up. I was told we are equal in all things, it made me mad when I was a bagger and would go to load an 80lb bag of softerner salt and people would say why don’t I get a guy to do it? Thankfully God changed my heart and opened my eyes to what a real woman and lady is supposed to be! I am saddened that our government won’t let moms be moms -a lady in my boot camp had to sign over custody of her young child to her mom so she could join up! How sad. Anyway, I hated the time spent in the military – it was a horrible experience for women (I was not the only one who had been offered trades in exchange for favors, but I am the only who in my division who turned them down). When it gets down to it, women do not belong in the military.

Sarah